Motivation Monday

"You can have anything you want - if you want it badly enough.  You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose." ~Abraham Lincoln

     This quote is a perfect fit for me!  For the first Motivation Monday I thought I would share a little about myself.  I am married to a wonderful man (that we will call Bubba) and we have one little boy (Boo) and two cats!  Some of you know that I was (well still am technically) an Independent Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay.  I love Mary Kay and everything it has done for me, but I didn't love selling it.  I loved helping women feel beautiful and playing makeup, but getting new leads and leading parties was WAY out of my comfort zone and I struggled.  So I spent a lot of time praying, talking to friends and family, and searching for something that could combine my love for creating things and being able to stay at home with Boo.  I have three nieces and just about everyone of my friends has had a little girl (and I hope one day I am blessed with a little girl)!  I wanted something different to give as gifts so this is how Little Boo came to be.

     The first two months have been a whirlwind and probably the easiest I think I am going to have.  Coming up with a name was a little challenging, but once I thought of a name everything fell into place.  Now I am at the place where I have to promote myself and all my creations and I can feel the ground quivering beneath me.  I am so shy and quiet and promoting myself is SO outside of my comfort zone, that almost daily I have to  pull myself from under the bed and tell myself Little Boo Creations is real and people do like it and I am going to be successful!  This is why the quote fit perfect to kick of my Motivation Monday's!!!

This week will be a busy one.  My nieces birthday party is this weekend, so I am working on a special creation for her.  I am hoping to add this "special creation" to the Little Boo Creations soon.  Depending on how it turns out I hope to unveil it on Fun Friday!  I have a couple creations in the works and can't wait to share them!   Today's big goal though is to get a "To Do" list going so that I am not leaving things to the last minute for the April Woodstock Market & Show!  I have a good inventory, so now I get to work on some things I want to add to my creations...Like one of the suggestions I got for matching Mommy & Me totes (love that by the way)!

So now I am off to spend some time with my Boo and hope for a very productive afternoon while my Boo naps!!!  Happy Monday!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment